The Cultural Council of the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Nairobi is seeking applicants for Persian Language Scholarship Award for 10 Kenyan Students to study Bachelor/Master/PhD in Persian Language, Literature and culture at selected universities in Iran.
This award provides full Scholarship to 10 eligible Kenyan Students to Study Persian as a foreign Language in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
The Scholarship Award includes the following:
- Full Tuition Fees
- Full Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Monthly Stipend
- Basic health insurance for the duration of the course
All interested students must strictly apply for the Scholarship award within this three Month (August – October 2018)
All interested applicants must meet the following criteria.
- A student must have scored B+ and must have sat for KCSE not more than 2 years ago.
- Applicants for undergraduate studies shall be maximum 22 years old & have an average score of 15/20 GPA (B+)
- Must Submit application form
- Copies of certified transcripts
- Letters of recommendation or Introduction
- A copy of the applicant’s passport
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Curriculum Vitae
Why Persian Language Scholarship Award:
Bilingualism and Multilingualism always give you an edge over others. A person proficient in more than one language is a valuable asset to the society. She/he could work as interpreters, translators in some globally reputed institutions
The study of Persian Language can mean a broad range of career possibilities and special opportunities available only to you as a linguist.
Your studies in Persian may open many global doors, some of which you never even knew existed. There are countless opportunities for travel, translation, work in political affairs and peace-making, literature writing, and teaching which will only be available to the bi-lingual student in Persian and English.
The four-year single subject Persian degree program at selected Iranian Universities not only offers the students the opportunity to study the Persian language in-depth and intensively but also to focus on the literature and culture of a vast geographic area extending beyond the borders of modern Iran and into Central Asia and the Caucuses.